ENHANCEMENT OF RATE OF MARRIAGE GRANT
The Standing Committee on Defence (16th Lok Sabha) directed vide para 56 to 58 of its 2nd Report that rate of marriage grant to needy ESM (upto the rank of Hav/equivalent) and their widows be enhanced from Rs 16,000/- to Rs 50,000/- per daughter (2 daughters). The Standing Committee also desired that an additional allocation of Rs 10.30 crore may be provided to DESW to meet the requirement of enhanced Marriage Grant. Accordingly Army, Navy & Air Force has agreed to provide the additional funds on basis i.e. 85:5:10, annually.
Approval of competent authority is conveyed from Rs 16,000/- to Rs 50,000/- per daughter (for 2 daughters) to ESM (up to the rank of Hav/equivalent) and their widows w.e.f. 1.4.2016. Authority: MoD, l.D. No. l02lLFFD/Marriage GranV2016-D(ReslI) dated l5th July,20l6
ARMY WELFARE FUNDBATTLE CASUALTIES
Post the recent tragedy at Siachen, where one JCO and nine OR of 19 MADRAS lost their lives due to an avalanche, there was a groundswell of sentiment by Indian citizens, to financially assist the families of those who laid down their lives in the service of the nation. To facilitate individuals/ organisations who desire to make such donations, the Indian Army has opened an account,titled “Army Welfare Fund Battle Casualties” at Syndicate Bank, South Block Branch, New Delhi (IFSC Code: SYNB0009055), with account number 90552010165915. Money transfers may be made directly by desirous citizens to the above account or cheques may be sent to Accounts Section/CW Directorate, Room No 28B, South Block, IHQ, MoD (Army), New Delhi, made payable to “Army Welfare Fund Battle Casualties”. The donations received in the fund will be utilised to pay financial assistance/ grant to widows of our battle casualties, their next of kin and dependents. It may be noted that the Army does not accept funds which are for the widows/ dependents of a specific family. Such contributions are to be given directly by the donor to the family concerned. However, for such cases, the above directorate could facilitate the same.
Disbursement of Central Government pension through Public Sector Banks: Issue of Pension Slips to Defence Pensioners:
It has been decided in consultation with the Office of Chief Controller of Defence Accounts and the Department of Ex- Servicemen Welfare, Ministry of Defence to issue pension slip to Armed Forces Personnel/ Defence Civilian pensioners including family pensioners on par with the existing system as applicable to Central Government Pensioners (Civil). All the agency banks were advised to issue suitable instructions to their pension paying branches. (Ref. DGBA.GAD. H- 17663/45.05.031/ 2006-07 dated June 12, 2007).
NEWS FORM PUNJAB NATIONAL BANK
The bank believes that defence pensioners after putting in service at difficult terrains, has earned a right to be served with honour. The banks is the first to:
• Revise pension under One Rank One Pension;
• Implement e-PPO with Ministry of Defence;
• Integrate Digital Life Certificate at all branches where pensioners from any bank can submit digital Life Certificate
• Bank is ready to implement revision under 7th Pay Commission.
• Set up a OROP Review Cell with mail id email@example.com where mail may be sent by any defence pensioner not satisfied with OROP Revision;
• Set up Veterans Facilitation Centre cum e-lobby at the office of Directorate of Indian Army Veterans (DIAV), Delhi Cantt. We are also going to open a Financial Counselling Centre at the same location;
• Bank is in the process of setting up of CPPC at Allahabad exclusively for pensioners of Indian Army.
• Created a CPPC Cell at Navy Mumbai office to facilitate Navy pensioners, it has separate mail id firstname.lastname@example.org where navy pensioners can post their grievances/ queries;
• Separate e-mail IDs created for Army and Air Force pensioners email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
• Actively participated in all Defence Pension Adalats organised by PCDA for immediate resolution of pensioners’ grievances
• Special processing for commutation & gratuity between 8-10th every month so that Defence pensioners get terminal due immediately after discharge;
• Exclusive benefits in Defence Saving accounts under PNB Rakshak Scheme;
• Bifurcated details of pension in Pass Book;
• Multiple pension processing for immediate release of Commutation & Gratuity and DR arrears;
• Automatic release of additional pension and restoration of commutation;
• SMS alert in October every year to submit Life Certificate in November; Immediate start of pension where Letter of Undertaking received with PPO;
• Collect LC from home/ hospital in case of infirm, weak and handicapped pensioners.