What is it that you must do, if you are a defence pensioner. We got a ready reckoner for you. Take the following action:
• Send intimation to Pension Disbursing Authority and Record Office/Head of Office and Pr.CDA (P) regularly for any change in your residential address.
•Appear before your PDA annually, positively in the month of November, each year, for the purpose of annual identification; failing which, payment of pension may be stopped.
• If you are re-employed in a State/Central govt., or a Public Sector Undertaking, intimate the PDA, full details thereof, for regulating the dearness relief on pension. In case you are not re-employed under Govt., a declaration to this effect may be given to your PDA, once a year in the month of November.
In case you have not drawn your pension within 12 months, please approach your PDA with an explanation for the delay along with non-re-employment and non-conviction certificates.
• If you are in receipt of more than one pension, furnish full details to your PDA for revising both the pensions and relief thereon.
• If you want to get your pension account transferred to another PDA/Bank, apply to your present PDA. Pr.CDA (P), Allahabad has no role to play, in this regard.
• In case you have not drawn your pension within 12 months, please approach your PDA with an explanation for the delay along with non-re-employment and non-conviction certificates.
• Furnish full details with relevant certificates from the competent authority to the Record Office/H.O.O. if you have married after discharge or have children born after discharge and death of wife/children for record in your sheet roll/service book.
• If joint notification of family pension has not been done in your case, apply to your PDA for endorsement of family pension on the proper form. Your PDA will process the application through your R.O./H.O.O./ Service HQ.
• In case of any dispute regarding entitlement to family pension, the matter may be got sorted out with RO/HOO/Service HQ. For immediate guidance, the assistance of the local Zila Sainik Board may be sought.
In case you fail to appear before RSMB for a long time, submit a delayed explanation along with non-conviction and non-re-employment certificates to Defence Pension Training Institute, Allahabad 74 the Record Office, when a fresh RSMB is arranged.
• In case disability pension is rejected, you are entitled to make an appeal to the Govt. of India within 6 months from the date of rejection memo through the Record Office, if you feel that the disability in your case is due to Service factors. Similarly, a family of the deceased can also make an appeal, if the claim for a special family pension is rejected.
• Appear before Re-survey Medical Board on the due date, as arranged by the Record Office. In case you fail to appear before RSMB for a long time, submit a delayed explanation along with non-conviction and non-re-employment certificates to Defence Pension Training Institute, Allahabad 74 the Record Office, when a fresh RSMB is arranged.
• If you have any problem regarding payment of pension, write to your PDA with TS/HO/PS/PPO No. /Bank Account No. If your problem is not solved by PDA, write to the Audit Section of Principal CDA(P) Allahabad/Public Grievances Officer, Office of the Principal Controller of Defence Accounts (Pension), Draupadi Ghat, Allahabad with your full details.
• While sending your application/representation to the office of the Principal C.D.A. (P), Allahabad, please ensure that your name, rank, Regtl. No and Record Office/H.O.O. from where you retired, P.P.O. No. and date under which pension was granted in your favour, name of the P.D.A./Bank Branch from where you are drawing your pension with Saving Bank/Current Account No. and T.S. /P.S. /H.O. No. allotted to you (in case of D.P.D.Os, Treasuries, Post Offices and P.A.Os)
• If you have any problem or doubt regarding the rate of pension granted to you, write to the Record Office/H.O.O. indicating the P.P.O. No. in which the pension was granted to you.