Q. How do I Join Indian Army? What is the minimum qualification to join Indian army.
A.Thank you for your interest in the Army. You may visit website where you will find all the details that you need.

Q. My Age is above 25, but my dream is to serve the nation by joining the Army?
A.You can join the Territorial Army. For more details contact Additional Directorate General Territorial Army, General Staff Branch, IHQ of MoD (Army), L Block, Church Road, New Delhi – 01, Tele Numbers 011-23094365, 23092186.

Q. I have qualified CDSE. When is my date of interview?
A.After the declaration of result by UPSC, the interviews are normally conducted after 45 to 60 days. You can see your SSB interview details on the said website.

Q. I am unable to attend the interview on the date given. What should I do?
A.Send an e mail to suggesting period suitable to you. They will try and accommodate you as per your availability.

Q.My sister’s marriage has been fixed a day prior to my reporting at your centre. Can I get a second chance?
A. Yes, you can write/speak to the concerned Selection Centre about your problem and get the date extended. You can also contact on e mail at

Q. What are the avenues available to me to join army at graduate level?
A. IMA, OTA, NCC Special Entry Scheme, TGC and UES entries are available.

Q. I have done NCC training and obtained ‘C’ certificate. What are the avenues available for me?
A. Certain vacancies for NCC ‘C’ certificate holders are reserved for IMA and OTA. For IMA you have to apply through UPSC i.e.Combined Defence Services Examination (CDSE) and for OTA through NCC Special entry Scheme for which advertisement is published in Jun/Jul and Nov/ Dec every year. NCC Special Entry scheme is a Non UPSC Entry.

Q. What are the facilities available for guidance / information / clarification regarding the application form?
A.Candidates can contact Additional Directorate General of Recruiting at their Reception Room at West Block-III, RK Puram, New Delhi or over telephone No 011-26173215/011-26175473 on all working days between 0900hrs to 1700hrs.

Q. Will I get any compensation if I get injured during SSB interview?
A.No compensation will be paid in respect to any injury sustained as a result of test conducted at SSB.

Q. What is the procedure for Joining Territorial Army (TA)?
A.Only male citizens who are graduate gainfully employed and between the age of 18 to 42years are eligible for grant of commission in TA, as non department TA commissioned officers. The advertisement for TA commission, as an officer, is published twice a year i.e Jan/Feb and Jul/Aug. A postal order of Rs 10/- along with bio date and a self addressed envelope containing postage stamp of Rs 12/- is required to be sent to the concerned TA Group HQ. You can apply to the concerned TA Group HQ for an application form and submit the completed form along with copy of the required documents to the Command. Contact details of respective Command are:

a) TA Group HQ, Southern Command, Pune-01
b) TA Group HQ, Western Command, Building No 750, Sector 8B, Chandigarh(UT)
c) T A Group HQ, Eastern Command, Kolkatta-21
d) TA Group HQ, Central Command, Lucknow-02 You can visit above website or contact Additional Directorate General Territorial Army, General Staff Branch, IHQ of MoD (Army), L Block, Church Road, l;New Delhi-01, Tele 011- 23094365/23092186

Q. I want to join TA. But my present employer/ company is not giving NOC for joining. Where can I find the authority for NOC ?
A.Employees of Pvt/ Govt Sector, who clear written exam for TA commission are required to submit NOC from their employer, which is prerogative of parents department/ employer. The letter for grant of permission to Civil Govt Servants to join the TA is given in the above website.

Q. What is the procedure for joining Army Medical Corps as Doctor?
A. The application for Short Service Commission in Army Medical Corps are invited by way of advertisement in all leading Newspapers including Employment News and in website and apply accordingly. You may visit the u/m link if Indian Army Website for more information: aspx?MnId=LXdync7Y4q1ZNQX3mlK4bw==&ParentID=0e4TD QQkVRITBK/gTPALyw==

Q. How can we invite Indian Army for campus in College/ University?
A.College/ University may approach directly to ‘A’ Branch of respective Command Headquarters, under which area they fall for their campus request.

Note: Proposed plan of FAQ on ECHS will be in the next issue of “SALUTE”.

No Comments Yet

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

How can we help?

Sign Up for Our Mailing List

Sign up for our newsletter to stay updated with the most comprehensive analyses of all military affairs from the best minds. We promise to not share your data with third-party vendors.