Army Welfare Education Society (AWES) provide various courses to the desired candidates run under Army Institutes. Details of such institutes with eligibility given as under:
• Army Institute of Education (AIE). Candidate must be graduate (except commerce) with minimum 45% aggregate marks.
• Army College of Dental Sciences (ACDS). For BDS + 2 with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English with 50% marks in aggregate and for MDS must have permanent registration with state dental council.
• Army College of Nursing (ACN). Candidate must be +2 with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English with 45% marks in aggregate
• Army Institute of Nursing (AIN). Candidate must be +2 with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English with 50% marks in aggregate
• Army Institute of Hotel Management and Catering Technology (AIHM & CT). Candidate must be +2 with English compulsory subject.
• Army Institute of Fashion and Design (AIFD). BSc programme. +2 in any stream and for PG program in any degree with 50% marks
• Army Institute of Technology (AIT). B.Tech program, Mechanical Electronics and Tele Communication, Computer Engineering and IT – 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Math with minimum 50% aggregate marks.
• Army College of Medical Sciences (ACMS).MBBS Program-Candidatemust be 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English. Candidates must have passed these subjects individually and must have obtained minimum 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology. Candidates appearing in qualifying examination are also eligible to apply.
Admission to ACDS (for both BDS and MDS will be based on NEET and AIIMS PG Exam, admission to AIT will be based on JEE Exam and admission to all remaining institutes will be based on Written Admission Test (WAT).
Date of notification and availability Form is Feb 2018 onwards and last date of submission of application form for AIE, AIHM&CT, AIN, CAN, ACDS (UG) and AIFD (UG) is Mar 2018. For ACDS (PG), AIT and AIFD (PG) is Feb 2018, Apr 2018 and May 2018 respectively. Last date of receipt of application with late fee is Mar 2018.
• Wards of serving Army personnel with minimum 10 years continuous service in Army.
• Wards of ex-servicemen granted/ awarded regular pension liberalised family pension, family pension, disability pension at the time of their superannuation, demise, discharge, released medical board/invalided medical board. This includes wards of recruits medically boarded out and granted disability pension
• Wards of ex-servicemen who have taken discharge/released after 10 years of service
• Adopted/Step children and children of remarried widows
• Adopted child of Army personnel who completed 10 years service, adopted at least five years prior to seeking admission
• Step children are eligible provided they are born out of wedding where at least one parent belonged to the Army and completed 10 years service
• Children of widows of Army personnel who are born as a result of second marriage with Army personnel. However, children of widows of Army personnel born out of remarriage with non Army personnel would not be eligible for admission. Eligibility Criteria in Special Cases Eligibility criteria for ward of Ex Army Medical Corps Officers/Army Dental Corps officers presently serving with Indian Army/Indian Air Force who have served with Army for 10 years are eligible.
For more details visit: http://www.awesindia.com